Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl

I recently ordered a book from BookSneeze.com called Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl.  I was so excited to be getting this book after reading the info about it.

This book is the third in a series called Triple Threat Novels by Lis Wiehl. It follows the lives of three women: Nicole, an FBI agent; Allison, a federal prosecuter; and Cassidy, a reporter at the local news station, as they hunt for the truth and catch the bad guys. 

Unfortunately, I personally found it hard to follow the trails of the three main characters and the psychopath killer they are trying to stop.

Each chapter is about a different person and it goes back and forth between the characters. This caused me to have trouble seeing a fluid picture in my mind of what was taking place.

Heart of Ice seems to focus too much on the psychopath and not enough on the three women charged with catching her.  I did not even finish this book because I was already so untouched by the characters that I did not even feel the need to know if the perpetrator was caught.

Every author wants to be able to reach out and grab the reader and keep his or her interest so that the reader is anxious to turn the page and find out what happens next.  This book did not do that to me.  The beginning grabbed me and made me want to turn the page and find out what happens next but by the time I got halfway through the book, I had slowly lost interest.

I like the idea for this book. I love reading about women that work in powerful positions and use that power for good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment