Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Mysterious Light In A Land Defiled by Arlen Davidian


It’s been awhile since I have posted and for all my followers, I apologize for the lapse in reviews. I have been busy working and pursuing my masters degree in Forensics but I hope to be able to get back to posting very soon. But I have still been reading and I hope you have too!

Back in December of 2011 I posted a review of Tales from the Hills and Hollers by Arlen Davidian.  Well he has written a new novel and that is what I would like to tell you about! The new book is called A Mysterious Light in A Land Defiled.   Through a series of events throughout this book the main characters must risk life and limb to protect and preserve their land.  The book follows a small family just doing their best to get by and live a happy life on their land.  They are minding their own business when they discover someone has taken residence in an abandoned cabin on their property.  Then what starts out as no big deal branches out into this one family facing down practically everyone including the local government just to keep what is rightfully theirs.  This is definitely a story about standing your ground in the face of adversity and trusting God to make everything turn out for the good.  I think the summary says it the best. “In the quiet remote forests of Arkansas, Austin and Gayle Milo cleared their land and built a prime herd of cattle raised on the land they had claimed from the encroaching grasp of Mother Nature. Into this quiet place, dangerous and desperate men and women planted themselves saying they came in peace, but they defiled the land.” You'll have to read it to see how it turns out.

Hope you enjoy! Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment