Sunday, April 15, 2012

Shadow of Doubt by Terri Blackstock


Hello Fellow Readers!! Summer will soon be here with its warm weather and sunshine.  People will be outside mowing yards, working in gardens, and swimming in pools of chlorinated water.  However, I hope you take the time to stop and have a seat in a comfy chair in the sunshine and curl up with a good book. I have never found anything quite as relaxing as that. I hope you will decide to read some of these books I have been recommending. In case you do, I have another book for you! 

This is the second book in the Newpointe 911 series by Terri Blackstock.  If you have been reading my blog for long you will have noticed I like to read series.  This series has a total of five books that I will be posting about, but for now let me tell you a little about the second one called Shadow of Doubt.

The only detective in the small town of Newpointe, Louisiana is rushed to the hospital for arsenic poisoning.  As he is laying in a coma, the police investigating the crime look to his wife, Celia, for answers.  Although as the town soon find out, Celia is no stranger to arsenic poisoning. Her first husband died after being poisoned. Celia was arrested for the crime but got off on a technicality.  Now it seems with all the evidence piling up against her, no one believes in her innocence except her attorney, Jill.  But Jill is having a few doubts herself.  Could Celia really have poisoned both of her husbands or is this just an elaborate set-up.  With no one in town believing in her innocence, Celia must turn to God and trust that he will work everything out.

This is a great book that will have you on the edge of your seat! I highly recommend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment