Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Mercy by Beverly Lewis


Hello again Readers!!! I have just finished reading an amazing book that kept me up way after bedtime many nights so I could see what happened next.  This book is called The Mercy and is the third and final book in Beverly Lewis’ Rose Trilogy series.  Beverly Lewis kept me wondering what was going to happen until the very end.  At one point I would think I knew what would happen and then I would read another chapter and change my mind. 

The last two books left the readers hanging in the middle of two sisters lives. One, Hen, is taking care of her temporarily blind husband wondering if their marriage can survive the strain being put on an already weak link.  The other, Rose, has just broken off her engagement to the man she thought she would marry and is still pining for her lost love that is off on his own in the English world.  Will he come back and sweep her off her feet or will she find someone else in the Amish community to marry?

This is a story of incredible love and forgiveness.

These three books are worth buying and reading even if you only read them once and lose them. But me, I think I will save them and get them out at a later date so I can ride the back roads of Pennsylvania Amish Country in a horse drawn carriage in the freezing cold with snow falling like a blanket on the ground around me.

This is a must read!!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about Beverly Lewis. This sounds like a good one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great one! I would highly recommend this three book series. :)

    ReplyDelete